Saturday, August 21, 2010

Got a head band..No? Make one !!

Ready made"Bow " head band
Latest fashion accessory to hit the market is the giant “Bow ed” head band. It is available in funky colors and really cute prints. You can wear it for your date on that pretty short dress. Or you can even get away with a “bad hair day”, or you can just team it with ur daily workwear.  So, I decided to get myself one and set out to my fav. store. And there it was hanging at the stands, waiting for me to pick it up. I loved it soo much that I just didn't bother to check the damage it would do to my bank account and rushed straight to the billing counter. I was completely shocked  when I got to know the cost of my precious head band. In spite of my undying  love for the accessory , I had to let it go cos it simply was out of my budget.

Courtesy:http://lifestyle.in.msn.com/
Completely disoriented , I started cursing the big fashion labels and needed a way to vent out this helpless feeling. Totally preoccupied with these thoughts, I said to myself, why not make one on my own!! Inspired by the head band styles showed in the movie "Aisha", I decided to try my hand at it. Something more attractive and stylish than the ones I saw in the store. So I got down to making one and am delighted to share the process of making it with you and would sincerely suggest you to give it a try.

I used a satin ribbon, to make the band and the bow. For the bow, all you need to do is fold it the way shown in the snapshots, at the last stage you have to stitch the end as shown. You can take it to your local tailor or use the stitching machine at home.  Finally stitch the bow to the satin ribbon and join the ends with a small elastic, for sizing and keeping the band tight. You can accesorize further with buttons or flowers.  

;
Follow these easy steps :)

And finally i am proud to present to you my very first home made, head band. I am super excited and cannot wait to try  different colors and sequences. And the best part, it almost comes free of cost. So please give it a try and let me know what you think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment